...our three beautiful girlies!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

end in sight...

There are several of these approaching {"end in sight"s}, including our fun, school free summer time.  As much as a dread the daily routine of getting up early, getting every one dressed, fed, and loaded into the car, distributed to all of their activities, picked up, dinner cooked, baths, bedtime and everything in between, only to blink and the day be gone... I am looking forward to a routine period.  Reese and Ramsey have gotten into the habit of staying up late watching movies or playing, and then, as a result, sleeping late... And Ryan... well, she has no routine at all - and I'm so over it.  I swear it makes the day fly by so fast when we are all in our little routines, which makes me sad {they are ALL growing up way too fast!}, but things sure do function more smoothly!  I am struggling to get Ryan, who is now four months old, back to sleeping all night!  Yes, I said, "back to", because she was doing great.  Since we've moved, it seems she has gotten more and more off track.  It's also very difficult for me to allow her to "cry it out" when there are so many other people around here who need sleep.  So I usually absorb the blow, by putting her in bed with us, nursing her multiple times, tossing and turning and kicking all the while.  This should NOT be happening, and every night I say to myself, THIS is the last night.  Then in the morning, I forgive her because she is smiley and happy, sweet and cute, and I'm still alive and then we end up fighting the same battle the next night.  I keep telling myself this is okay, since she is the last baby.  But we truly need to face this demon, and move forward!!

Tanner... oh Tanner...  What a wonderful, hard working provider... who has been working his ever-loving tail off!  In the midst of this heat and drought, everyone has decided to sell their cows.  Can you blame them?  It feels like all of the lakes and oceans should be dried up from the heat, and we are praying constantly for rain.  And we love the job security... but Lord I want my husband back home with us!  The cow sales that usually end at 5 or 6pm in the summer are ending at 10 or 11pm.  The Saturday sale he works at every Saturday has lasted till wee hours of the night the last few weeks.  One week he sold cows from noon on Saturday until 5 am on Sunday morning.  Then he drove 2 hours home, took a brief nap, and met me at church.  Unbelievable.  {Another reason I need Ryan to S-L-E-E-P!} Anyhow, the Lord who is faithful to provide, WILL send the rain in due time, and I hope it pours, and pours, and pours.  I want my husband home!!  We are so thankful for a Daddy who works as hard as Tanner to provide for our family... Thanks, Tann - we love you like crazy...and miss you when you are gone!

So another end in sight... the house project.  It's not completely done, and we are not completely settled, but we have come a long way {baby! ;)}.  I got my countertops put in which look fabulous, and my kitchen is functional again.  I still have little projects like finding a place for my books, getting a mantle, painting here and there.  And outside... well, there is LOTS to do, but right now we are working on the stuff where there is AIR conditioning ;) But when it cools off, there is a long list for outdoors.  I have included more pictures, but encourage you to come out and visit!!

That's about it for now... Reese starts KINDERGARTEN next Monday... WOW!!  I am so excited for her, but so sad that it is already here.  Where does the time go??  I really, really can't believe she is old enough to go, but she is excited to start at Water Oak.  Be praying for her a smooth transition back to school {and for all of the kiddos and teachers to go back, too!}.  Thanks!!!! 


My new granite countertops :)


My living room (minus mantle)


My kitchen!  Still need to do some stuff!


My countertop super-models ;) Fresh out of bed!


1 comment: