...our three beautiful girlies!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

a not-so-good, very-bad-day...

Well, truly, I can't complain - when I think about my minor problems compared to others more important and complicated problems, I have too much to be thankful for to be so gripey!

Today was not so much fun... it started out with day two of breathing treatments for Ramsey, which although started out well, have proven to make her already-aggravated attitude even more difficult.  She pretty much stood at my feet and cried and whined ALL day long.  When I tried to lay her down for nap - which she usually loves - she cried the entire time.  She threw her food down, all the while screaming and demanding, "Bite! Bite!".  I just couldn't figure out what she wanted or how to please her. 

I also went to my doctor's appointment.  Although I had big plans in my head to have the baby THIS Friday, April 1st, that too was also not going to work.  Dr. Ram informed me that it is the hospital's new policy, not to allow him to schedule anyone earlier than 38 weeks unless it is an emergency.  I am not technically 38 weeks until Saturday... boo!  His surgery day is Wednesday, or within limits, he can also do surgery on Fridays.  I voted for next Wednesday, and Tanner voted for next Friday.  Once again, I lost... Tann didn't want to have to miss too many sales, which I understand, but it just means 48 extended hours of togethernesss for me and baby, and we are getting a little tired of each other.  I am officially on the HCMH calendar as an April 8, 2011 scheduled c-section, probably around noon.  It beats getting to the hospital for a 7:30 am section, but because I can't eat anything after midnite, and then only eat ice chips/clear liquids for 2 days, I am thinking a noon section is going to cause some hunger pains... one more small sacrafice for the miracle we are getting.

To top it off, I get the bright idea that Ramsey and I should get out of the house this afternoon while Tann and Reese go to softball practice... this will help her attitude, and mine - which at this point is on a fast race downhill.  We gather up a few things I needed to return to my mom, and head to her house.  When we arrived, she was outside and it had just begun to mist.  I set Ramsey down, and walked toward my mom where she was visiting with my grandad {they live across the street}.  Out of nowhere, the dang dog {large, brown, HYPER lab} hauls across the yard to mom, and then heads straight past me and toward Ramsey.  She was standing on the concrete sidewalk, so I could just envision her getting knocked down very hard by his speed and weight.  When he passed me, I reached for him to stop him, and slipped on the grass... I did avoid falling completely down, but I think that might have been better than the pain it caused to stay upright... I pulled about *&^%!! number of muscles in my groin/pelvis/lower abs, which were already hurting.  It literally took my breath away - and I'm not sure who was more scared - my grandad, who watched me avoid the fall, or Ramsey, who saw a BIG dog coming at her... he did run past her, but I am pretty sure she will be petrified of dogs for a while.  At this point, if you thought I was whiney, you haven't seen anything... I am not moving faster than 1.5 miles per hour, and complaining all the while.  Let's pray this baby makes her own appearance soon!

On a happier note, our great friends Amanda and Jarred Pickett were kind enough to treat us to take out San Remo and her famous "dirt bike cake" which is something incredible that includes cream cheese/sugar/oreos and other fantabulous ingredients :) She happened to call me this afternoon to know when she could drop off the cake, and when she heard my voice, she added dinner to the plans.  We love you Amanda and Jarred, and thank you so much!  It was perfect timing, because I am not sure I could have stood long enough to prepared any dinner... it really meant a lot!

So now... I am off to shower, take some Tylenol, and head to bed.  Ramsey is down, Tanner is resting in his chair, and Reese is coloring.  Maybe I could benefit from 10 more days before this baby arrives... it sure is quiet around here :)

1 comment:

  1. April 12th is a good day if you wanted to wait...too bad you couldn't schedule for Granny's birthday! You'll make it...enjoy your somewhat quite time!

    ReplyDelete