...our three beautiful girlies!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

in all fairness...

I try, so hard, to do things "fairly" amongst the girls... I know, it sounds silly, but that is also part of my OCD personality.  Even though they are small, and don't really realize what each has done and when, later on in life, when I am giving them each their things I have done/saved over the years, I don't want anyone to feel less special than the other. 

Several things that make me feel they are "equal": 
  1. I love them all, with all my heart and soul, and want the very best for them - first and foremost!
  2. They are all born on Wednesdays, in SS, at HCMH, delivered by Dr. Ram, and with Leah as my nurse.  They have each been breastfed (which is best!) and been overall healthy, been cared for by me at home for atleast 6 months or more, and have used Dr. Conner.
  3. I have kept up in their baby books - and they have had well-documented lives on film (both video and photos), and each have their baby "Brandy" picture collages in our hallway. 
Here is the link to Ryan's "Brandy" pictures:  http://www.hugsandhissyfitsphotography.com/proofs/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=2516

I know, it sounds absurd, I'm sure... but I can't help it!  There are a million other "try to be fair" things I do, that aren't even coming to me at the moment...  And I know I can't control everything and make it fair, but when I can, I plan to :)  Having said that, here is where I am going...

This past Sunday, we had Ryan's baby dedication at church.  Now my other two girls each had their own baby dedication to themselves.  This time we did it with a group - which is what the church has gone to because of the increased amount of babies and dedications each year.  At first, I will admit, I was a little disappointed to share, but knew that we had to dedicate Ryan, and that it was a special day (Mother's Day)... but what made it even more special was that some of my great friends also had their child/children dedicated that day!  It was a very, very sweet ceremony, even with a large group, and the church staff did an amazing job of putting together the bulletin, passing out keepsakes, etc. for each individual to feel special and unique.  It included individual prayers from the pastor, and the bulletin shared special verses to each child involved.  It really was special, and special for Ryan on her dedication day.

Mother's Day was really special, too, because I got to spend the day with my girls and Tann, spending time with my mother-in-law, mom, step-mom, grandmothers and grandmother-in-laws, and step-grandmothers... I am very blessed to have a wonderful family, all the way around - Tanner's family is wonderful, and I am extremely thankful for them everyday for a million different reasons.  I am also very thankful for loving step-families - I hate that word "step", because in reality, they are all very much my parents/family.  They love me and my family just the same as their own.  We went to church, had lunch, had naps, swam, and had dinner.








I guess that is all for now... Atleast I updated!!  Wahoo! :) I wanted to share a few pictures and say, "Hello!" from the Ragan household!  Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment