...our three beautiful girlies!

Monday, May 23, 2011

locks of love...

I am moved daily by the thoughtfulness of my little {well, Big} girl Reese... She is always praying for people, considering their feelings, and easily moved by special moments.  I have seen her tear up over sentimental moments on television;  I have seen her "mother" her middle sister, Ramsey, even when the loving feelings are not reciprocated.  She just has a tender heart amidst all of her sassiness, which makes her all the more incredibly special :)
Over the last month or two, she and I have been discussing thoughts of cutting our long hair to shoulder length for the summer.  Her hair, even though it is beautiful and full of amazing curls, had gotten dry and brittle at the bottom, needed a very good cut, and possibly a style... we had resorted to a ponytail every single day.  Even then, her bangs fell down in her face {we are trying to grow them the length of her hair!} and she chewed {yes, chewed!} on any pieces that would reach her mouth.  Not to mention the twirling, twisting, and pulling she did on top of that.  She and I discussed the option of donating our hair to a charity - something that has been on my bucket list - to help make wigs for cancer patients.  She was excited at the thought of helping others and a new 'do'.  So this past Friday, we went to Mrs. Chrissy, and she cut the minimum required for Pantene Beautiful Lengths - a whopping 8"of blonde curls - to donate.  Immediately upon seeing her new above-the-shoulders length 'bob', her sassiness escalated... She swung her hair all around, ran her fingers through it, and then came home and we styled it any way we could.  She happily chirped, "Let's see what a head band looks like... let's see what it looks like blow dried straight... let's braid the sides..." and we managed to put every bow and hair band we own in it and modeled different styles... That kept her entertained for two days!  I think her biggest satisfaction has been how much her Daddy loves it and continually compliments her on it, and the fact that her "Big Momma" {my mom} thinks she "now looks seven!". 

Someone is going to get a BEAUTIFUL wig :) Sweetest part?  Reese asked at the salon, "Can I donate my hair to MawMaw?"  {Tann's grandmother who is battling cancer}...  Really... no words!

Help me... because I am also trying to continue to grow my long hair out, although I am desperate to cut it!  Just once, I would like to be able to donate it... I love short hair, and every time I get it this long, I chop it.  I always want drastic change when I get to the salon, and Mrs. Chrissy has to tell me "NO".  I only have 5 & 1/2" to donate right now.  Pantene donation requires a minimum of 8, and Locks of Love requires a minimum of 10.  That is a lot of hair!  Reese can grow hair fast, and I don't.  In fact, it's getting even harder, because due to my pregnancy being over, it is starting to fall out.  I also go for a daily ponytail, which is getting old.  Plus, I am constantly tempted by a cute short haircut... In fact, here is the one I desperately have in mind:


For now, I am going to attempt to continue to grow mine... I think?!

Off the subject, but before I go... We went to church AND Sunday school and successfully got all three girls dressed and arrived on time yesterday!! We also ate lunch at a restaurant with all three girls and Tanner and I were alone {no grandparent's assistance} for the first time yesterday!  Big feat!!  Here is a picture of the girls in their matching outfits :) I won't get to do this long and include Reese... She'll soon be "too cool!"

Note:  Ramsey does not sit it a bumbo... ha... but she will climb on anything, and this has become a stepping stool for her to reach other things... it just happened to be out in the middle of the floor handy, and let me tell you - getting her to sit still for a picture is impossible, and this thing just did the trick for one quick snap!  And Ryan is not happy with the noise level it required to get this shot :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment